Raiding guild! World of Warcraft!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

A Shamans Role in a Raid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mel

PostSubject: A Shamans Role in a Raid   Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:05 am

ok since Shamans are pretty new to alliance here are some basics you should / want to know

- your a support class so always keep the totems up and make the best use of them in the right moment

- you do less dmg then most of the other classes as soon everyone gets decent gear (T4 and up)

- Shamans speciality is healing so expect that at some point you might have to spec healing ( dont whine just say thanks to blizzard )

- Shamans can solo nearly everything PvE whise

- in PVP you will die even faster then every other class ( im talking about self experiance and my shaman has in full resto gear nearly 11k Armor^^ ) so make sure you stay back

- as healer your best friend is chain heal ... improve it and use it often

- your Elementals are dumb ... you cant controll then so if you bring them out make sure you can get your totems in at any time unless you wanna wipe the raid :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narathan

PostSubject: Re: A Shamans Role in a Raid   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't really agree thst a shaman's best build is restoration, but I definitly agree it's one of the best builds (when you got the right gear etc)

I'm enhancement and I know that I won't DPS as much as a rogue or fury warrior, but that's not the point I specced it - I contribute a lot for the melee classes, and that makes me the happiest!

Not sure what you mean about dying the fastest in PVP, I've played 2 years on a pvp server as shaman (granted, I was not the best shaman) but I outlasted several classes longer then others. But I wasn't restoration ofcourse, pvping as restoration is just crazy unless you've got some buddies to back you up. What a Face

Elementals suck indeed... They should have a pet bar like the mage's water elemental and hunter/warlock pets/demons.

either way, fire elemental is a nice dps boost for when you have to give it all on the last boss! managed to kill romeo and julia that way on our first try. ^__^

Other then that, I'm testing elemental atm. See how it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mel

PostSubject: Re: A Shamans Role in a Raid   Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:17 am

1st ... as soon you hit SSC / The Eye the other DPS classes get a realy nice DPS boost gearwise while shamans ( Enhancement and Elemental) dont realy get that boost so the further you go the less reasonable it gets taking a Enhancement or Elemental Shaman in the raid
2nd on lvl 60 Shaman was just IMBA but on lvl 70 you have the lowest base health of all classes plus you lack seriously on any kind of crowd controll wich makes you a easy target ... as i wrote my Shaman has around 11k Armor in full resto Gear and i still die like a fly in PvP as soon someone picks me as target and knows how to play theyr class
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narathan

PostSubject: Re: A Shamans Role in a Raid   Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:29 am

That's okay, I've moved over to this server because I had enough of PVP after two years Very Happy

right now I'm just looking to have a good time and help out whenever I can, and yes I like my paladin better in pvp lately (especially in WSG/AB, AV and rest I'm screwed with my current build haha)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya
officer
officer

PostSubject: Re: A Shamans Role in a Raid   Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:51 am

Hi guys hows things?

just dropping in to give my opinion Very Happy

Raid spec for shaman is oc resto cause the gear the resto shaman can get is just sick compaired to that of other specs, sure its sucks in soloing and sucks in pvp but thats cause its raid spec.

Elemental shaman are useless dps in raids cause its mages and warlocks and shadow priests that do any kind of serious dmg.

Enhancement shaman are good when they are geared up to the hilt with epic dps gear and weapons that kill with a single blow but to get that you must 1st be raid spec and get that gear as secondary pickup

Resto shaman in +healing and int gear with nice regen is just pure bread raid spec, it will advance the raids and get people geared up fast.. simply cause chain heal is just over powered and instant heal is a must so you can prove ya worth at the last second saving the tanks ass. healing totems over power healers so thats 1 huge less issue to deal with.

Depends what you want really, if you want to pvp and solo then roll enhancement, if you want to raid and progress faster in pve then roll resto and if you loose plot and forget what your doing you can go elemental :O.. yup bliz really shafted us on that 1

Anyhow you can take what you want from this but my advice comes from hard core raiding on a pvp server with most classes.

If you must raid none resto make sure its enhancement though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Shamans Role in a Raid   

Back to top Go down

A Shamans Role in a Raid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Forever :: General :: Class discussions-
Jump to: